Sustainable tourism is no longer a buzzword; it’s a movement that is transforming the way we explore the world. As the world’s leading players in the tourism industry increasingly recognize the importance of adopting sustainability initiatives, the “Tourism & Sustainabil-ity” event is set to bring together like-minded individuals and organizations committed to making a positive impact on the planet.
Organized by Origo Eco, a pioneering company specializing in converting agricultural waste and byproducts into compostable disposable items, this event is a must-attend for anyone passionate about the future of travel and tourism.
Date: 29th September 2023 (Friday)
Time: 2pm – 5 pm
Location: Yap Ah Shak House, Level 2,
17, Jalan Yap Ah Shak, Chow Kit,
50300 Kuala Lumpur
The summit will feature panel discussions, and interactive sessions designed to inspire and educate attendees about sustainable practices that can be implemented within the tourism sector. Leading the charge are Lexis Hotel Group, a trailblazing organization that has spearheaded sustainability across all its hotels and resorts.
Lexis Hotel Group has set an impressive benchmark for sustainability by:
1) Promoting Eco-Friendly Packaging & Recycling For A Greener Future
• Acknowledging its detrimental effects on the environment, Lexis Hotel Group is committed in decreasing the use of non-recyclable packaging materials by promoting the usage of cardboard and biodegradable packaging materials for food items and guests’ amenities.
• As a key player in the local hospitality industry, Lexis Hotel Group is using its platform to promote environmental conservation awareness by replacing small bottles with dispensers for guests’ personal care amenities (shampoos, condi-tioners & shower gels).
• The Group also promotes the use of biodegradable plastic bags that are certi-fied as eco-friendly by Standard and Industrial Research Institute of Malaysia (SIRIM). With this systematic approach, the Group hopes to completely phase-out non-recyclable packaging materials within the near future and leaving a minimal plastic footprint on our natural environment.
2) Lexis Hotel Group Paving The Way To Sustainable Hospitality With Ric-eStraws™
• Additionally, Lexis Hotel Group is steadfastly dedicated to reshaping the future of local hospitality through eco-friendly best practices that minimise environ-mental impact while boosting awareness on the importance of nature’s preser-vation. The Group is constantly putting nature first through its partnership with Origo Eco to introduce RiceStraws™, a sustainable alternative to single-use plastic straws.
• Made locally in Malaysia, these 100% consumable and compostable Ric-eStraws™, which are vegan, halal-certified and 100% chemical free, are made completely from natural food ingredients, including broken rice flour, tapioca starch, fruit and vegetables. They are also scientifically proven to decompose in less than 60 days upon disposal, leaving zero carbon footprint and pollution on the environment.
• Going the extra mile, Lexis Hotel Group also practices zero waste by converting used RiceStraws™ into compost, at all Lexis hotels and resorts.
“We believe that sustainable tourism is not just a choice; it’s an imperative for the future of our planet”, said Samantha Lee, Vice President, Marketing & Innovation at Lexis Hotel Group. “By adopting sustainable practices in our operations, we are not only reducing our environmental footprint but also creating memorable experiences for our guests”.
Origo Eco, the driving force behind this event, collaborates with hotels and resorts on their sustainability journey, beginning with RiceStraws™. They work closely with their partners to create marketing campaigns and educational programs that engage all stake-holders, from staff to guests, in the pursuit of a greener, more sustainable future.
“We are thrilled to host the “Tourism & Sustainability” event, bringing together industry leaders who are blazing a trail in sustainable tourism”, said SeauYeen Su, Co-founder at Origo Eco. “Our mission is to empower businesses in the tourism sector with sustainable solutions, from RiceStraws™ to compostable items, and we are excited to share our expe-riences and insights at this event”.
The “Tourism & Sustainability” event promises to be a platform for networking, learning and driving change within the tourism industry. All stakeholders, including hoteliers, trav-el enthusiasts, environmentalists and policymakers, are invited to register for this event and be part of the conversation.
To register and secure your spot at the summit, please visit https://t.ly/8FYK1