Thai food is one of our family favorites and this time we decided to make the Steamed Fish with Lime and Garlic. They are made with loads of lime juice, garlic and chilies bringing you with the robust flavors and you can make it easily.
What you need
For the fish:
❤️1 whole siakap, about 1 kilos ( Make sure the guts and gills already removed)
❤️6 stalks lemongrass, bottom half only, smashed and cut into the chunks
For the sauce / soup:
❤️1 cup of chicken stock
❤️2 tbsp of brown sugar
❤️10 Tbsp lime juice
❤️5 Tbsp fish sauce
❤️2 garlic: chopped
❤️1-2 Thai chilies finely chopped
❤️30 sprigs cilantro, chopped
❤️1- 2 stalks Chinese celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
1.Scaled and gutted your fish. Cut the fish in the middle and stuffed the lemon grass in the middle at the tummy of the fish. Steam the fish in high heat around 10-15 minutes.
2. In another saucepan, heat up and pour the chicken stock then add in the sugar and let it boiled. Set aside
3. Then chopped all the ingredients in it and stir gently.
4. When the fish is fully steamed, transfer it to a serving platter (with edges to keep in the soup), garnish with a bed of Chinese celery, and place the fish on the platter.
5. Pour in the sauce on top of the fish and enjoy them.
6. Make sure you eat with steamed rice!