Seafood Yellow Kroeung Curry with Prahok
(Recipe for 3-4pax)
✅350gm stingray fish (washed and chunky chopped)
✅200gm prawn (deheaded and cleaned)
✅200gm squid (cleaned and cut coarsely)
✅350gm clam (washed)
✅100gm small whole potatoes(peeled and washed)
✅A handful of Thai Basil leafs
✅2 tablespoons prohak
✅1/2 cup coconut milk
✅1 tablespoon tamarind paste
✅1 tablespoon palm sugar
✅1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
✅2 kaffir lime leafs (cut thinly)
✅1/2 cup water
Ingredients for frying
✅3 tablespoons minced small onion
✅1 tablespoon minced garlic
✅2 tablespoons minced lemongrass
✅1 tablespoon minced ginger
✅1 tablespoon minced galanggal
✅1 tablespoon minced fresh turmeric
1. Set ppc to saute mode and change the time to 10mins.
2. Once pot is hot and in oil.
3. Add in the frying ingredients and prahok, sauteed till fragrant. Then add in water, oyster sauce, tamarind, palm sugar and potatoes.
4. Close and lock the lid.
5. Change setting to pressure, steam mode for 20KPT.
6. When the time sets at 5KPT, hit the add in ingredients mode. (steam will slowly rush out batch by batch till pressure hit zero)
7. PPC will alert, unlocked and open the lid follow by adding the sting ray, prawn, squid, clams and Thai basil leafs.
8. Close the lid and the PPC will continue it’s pressure steaming process.
9. Once pressuring process completed and set to zero, open the lid set the switch on the sauce thickening mode and add in coconut milk.
10. Once the sauce is done to your preference, switch it off and it is ready to serve.