Who say French cuisine is only limited to fine dining? The Window Café is bringing the delicate French cuisine onto the buffet table this May and June. In collaboration with staub, we proudly presents “Bon Appétit” Buffet Dinner – the perfect partnership between staub’s cast iron and ceramic products, Chef’s exquisite French recipes and fresh seasonal ingredients. Diners will surely be captivated by the array of food served and the elegance of the cookware. Prepare to be dazzled.
The Window Café – “Bon Appétit” Buffet Dinner
The essence of French cuisine has always been faithfulness to the ingredients and staub’s cast iron products, which are loved by famous chefs around the world, are designed to do the work. Its 1:1 pot to lid weight ratio helps distribute heat evenly and ensure moisture is maintained, thus retaining the nutritional level and bringing out the full intensity of flavours from fresh ingredients.
Our 66 meters long buffet table will be equipped with staub’s cast iron and ceramic cookware during the promotion period, showcasing the wonders of French cuisine:
- Beef Tartare with White Truffle Oil – Raw beef tenderloin cubed, minced and mixed with pickles, onions and raw egg yolk. White truffle oil is then drizzled on top to add a luxurious and earthy nuance. This light and fresh entrée is perfect to start your meal
- Spring Chicken “Chasseur” – Literally meaning chicken in “hunter style” – Chicken airfreight from France is marinated and put on staub’s Roaster, a vertical grill with a central spike which radiates heat through the center of the chicken, the poultry is cooked evenly and stays very tender. The fat of the roasted meat captured by the dish is later cooked with onions, mushroom, tomato, rosemary and more to make gravy to pair.
- Duck a l’orang – this all time classic from Florence comes with crisp skin and succulent meat. The deboned duck is stuffed with a mousse stuffing made with blended duck breast, cream, herbs, brandy and raisins. The duck is then brushed with fresh orange juice and Grand Marnier to make a zesty citrus sauce, and sent into the oven in staub’s Ceramic Gratin Dish.
- Baked Tiger Prawn and Duck Liver Mousse on Taro with Herbed Butter – Tiger prawns are baked with a dollop of herbed butter, giving this briny ingredient an earthy touch. Follow the flavor path as it leads you to the salty and rich duck liver mousse and then the lighter taro at the bottom.
- Spicy Pork Cassoulet with White Bean and Chorizo Sausage：We are giving this traditional southern French dish a modern twist – instead of using a cassol, we are cooking in staub’s cocotte! Taking advantage of the cocotte’s ability of distributing heat evenly and retaining moisture, the marinated pork is easily cooked until tender and soft. White bean and slightly spicy Chorizo Sausage is then added to give the stew a flavour kick.
- Braised Blue Mussel with Rose & Dill in White Wine Cream Sauce：Chopped onion is sautéed in butter, white wine and cream is added, followed by fresh and plump Blue Mussels from France. Dill and roses are added at the end to give it a whisper of herbal and floral hint. The mussels are served in staub mussel pot, keeping them warm from the kitchen to the buffet table and into your mouth.
The Window Café is determined to spoil you with choices even during the sweet finale. A wide range of French traditional desserts are served in staub’s colourful and elegant ceramic mini cocottes, definitely a pleaser to both eyes and palate. Specially recommending White Chocolate & Lemon Souffle, Crêpes Suzette (Crêpes with Orange Sauce) and Baked Peach Clafouti.
And now you can even bring the exceptional French dining experience home! A set of 2 staub Ceramic XS Mini Heart Cocottes (valued at HK$699) will be offered to customers who purchase “Bon Appétit” Buffet Dinner from our e-shop for free! Customers can simply log onto http://eshop.harbour-plaza.com/kowloonhotel via computer or mobile device starting from 10:30am, 6 May 2015. Gifts are very limited and given out on a first come first served basis, so act fast! Stay tuned to The Kowloon Hotel’s Facebook Page for details!
Mother’s Day Special – “Be a Great Chef with staub” Cooking Workshop
Mother’s Day to French is like a party for the whole family. All ladies who dine at our Mother’s Day Buffet Dinner on 9 – 10 May will be served a complimentary “Double-boiled Papaya with Hasma, Date and Lotus Seed” and “Chocolate & Strawberry Éclair with Matcha Cream”, just sometime extra to spoil all ever-loving mothers.
Customers who log onto http://eshop.harbour-plaza.com/kowloonhotel and purchase Mother’s Day Buffet Dinner in advance can even enjoy the fun of cooking with mom! In collaboration with staub, The Kowloon Hotel is organizing a special “Be a Great Chef with staub” Cooking Workshop. Not only each group of participants are entitled to a 20cm Round Cocotte (valued at HK$2,799) sponsored by staub upon completion of the workshop, they can even purchase staub products at a special price on site as well as enjoy free delivery service! Quota is limited. Details will be posted on The Kowloon Hotel Facebook Page, stay tuned!