For an idyllic retreat outside of Peninsula Malaysia, stretch your wanderlust to the sandy beaches sun of Pulau Gaya, just off the coast of Borneo and the largest island in the Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park. Named after the bountiful variety of the hibiscus flower flourishing in the grounds, Bunga Raya Island Resort is accessible by a comfortable ten-minute ferry ride from Jesselton Point Ferry Terminal, in Kota Kinabalu.
A secluded island hideaway of 48 timbered villas belonging to Echo Resorts, Bunga Raya Island Resort is tucked away on a tranquil and hidden bay framed by crescent shaped white sand beach on one side and centuries old virgin jungle on the other.
Staycation Package – Thursday – Sunday
• Superior Villa RM650 nett for 2 adults and 1 child up to 11 years old
• Deluxe Villa RM850 nett for 2 adults and 1 child up to 11 years old
• Plunge Pool Villa RM1000 nett for 2 adults and 1 child up to 11 years old
• 2-Bedroom Villa RM1200 nett for 4 (adults/children)
• Return boat transfer (check-in at 1 pm and check-out at 11.30 am)
• Daily breakfast
• 20% food discount
Terms & conditions:
• Exclusively for residents and expatriates in Malaysia
• Extra person charge at RM 160 nett per night (adult/child)
• No outside food and drinks allowed in view of Covid-19
Healthcare workers booking the Superior Villa and Deluxe Villa are entitled to a free room upgrade subject to availability. Email: [email protected] indicating ‘Staycation’. Other terms and conditions apply.
Guests can dine at The Longhouse which serves authentic local traditional cuisine featuring local produce, as well as a selection of Western fare or choose to dine privately in any of the outdoor pavilions on the water. The award-winning Longhouse wine cellar stocks more than 4,000 bottles as well as an impressive collection of cigars.
The lush jungles behind the resort offer exhilarating guided treks to discover a closer encounter with the island’s flora and fauna. The untouched jungle holds 40% of Malaysia’s flora and fauna from wild boar, macaque monkeys, monitor lizards and hornbills to butterflies, birds, cicadas, and endless flora. Or choose from an extensive list of tours and attractions in and out of Kota Kinabalu from city tours and river cruises to wildlife parks and orang utan encounters.
Echo Resorts is committed to ensuring high standards of health safety and hygiene for all guests and employees. See: https://echoresorts.com/bungaraya/covid-19-safety-measures/