There are 4 components to this delicious dessert
Prepare ahead and just easily combine when your guests arrive to impress them!
PART 1: Coconut Chia Pudding
1 ½ cup Coconut Milk
70gm Chia Seeds
1. Mix both ingredients together in a small mixing bowl then pour it into airtight container and store in fridge overnight to set into pudding consistency.
PART 2: Poached Apricot
1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean, halved lengthwise
1 ½ cups Water
1 cup Caster Sugar
3 strips Fresh Lemon Zest
1 pinch Salt
600gm Firm-ripe Fresh Apricot, halved & pitted
Seasoning: Salt & Pepper
1. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into a 2 liter pot, then add pod, water, sugar, zest and salt. Bring to a boil, uncovered, over high heat, then boil for 1 minute.
2. Carefully add apricots, then reduce heat and poach at a bare simmer, turning over once, until fruit is tender but still holds its shape and skins are still intact, 2 – 6 minutes.
3. Transfer apricot and syrup to a large shallow bowl and cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
PART 3: Homemade Granola
500gm Australian Rolled Oats
35gm Shredded Coconut
½ cup Sunflower Seeds
½ cup Pumpkin Seeds
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
¼ cup Maple Syrup
¼ cup Honey
40 gm Unsalted Butter
125 ml Vegetable Oil
1. Preheat oven to 160°c. Stir coconut, oil, butter, syrup, honey and cinnamon in a small saucepan over low heat for 2-3 minutes until combined.
2. Mix oats, seeds and nuts on a baking tray and pour over syrup, stirring to coat.
3. Roast for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
4. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
PART 4: Cherry Compote
330gm Cherries, pitted
120ml Orange, freshly squeezed
100gm Caster Sugar
1. Bring all ingredients to a boil in a large heavy saucepan; reduce heat to medium-low.
2. Simmer until cherries are softened and start to release juices, about 15minutes.
3. Continue to simmer juices until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
4. Pour reduced syrup over cherries. Serve warm.