1/2 cup oil
A few curry leaves
1/2 can of Ayam Brand™ Sotong in Soy Sauce 425g, drained
1 tomato, quartered
1 can Ayam Brand™ Tomato Puree 425g
2 lady fingers, diced
1 small brinjal, diced
1/4 cup tamarind juice
140ml Ayam Brand Coconut Milk
Salt & pepper
• 5 shallots
• 4 cloves garlic
• 2cm piece of ginger
• 2 tbsp Ayam Brand™ Fish Curry Powder
1. In a pot, heat up the oil and stir fry the curry leaves.
Then add in the blended ingredients from the blender.
2. Add the tomatoes, the lady fingers and the brinjal pieces.
3. Then add the tomato puree, the tamarind juice and half of the coconut milk and season to taste.
4. For a rich curry, allow the gravy to thicken. Then add the cuttlefish and the balance of coconut milk to keep the coconut aroma.
5. Let it simmer for another 2 – 3 minutes and stir it gently
6. Serve with rice.