I am always a big fans of pulut tai tai and this time, we decided to make our pulut tai tai since we are craving for it
- 400g glutinous rice
- 25 butterfly pea flowers (bunga telang)
- 200ml coconut milk
- ¾ tsp salt
- 3 – 5 pandan leaves (screw-pine leaves)
1. Separate the glutinous rice to 200g each
2. Then one bowl add in the bunga telang and water to soak and another just the glutinous rice to soak. Soak at least 4 hours
3. Once done, remove the water and the butterfly pea flower and add in the screw pine leaf
4. Then pour coconut milk in it. I am using Ayam Brand Coconut Milk
5. Pour 80 ml of coconut milk to the glutinous rice ( both & separately ) and let it steam for 20 minutes
6. Once done, use a bigger pan put both together , take out the screwpine leaf.
7. Mix them evently together and add in the remaining coconut milk
8. Steam again for another 30 minutes
9. Once remove, use banana leaf to press them and top them with the something heavy to compress the rice.
10. Served them with kaya.