Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo has launched a Premium Kimono Stay luxury room package valid until October 2017. As well as other indulgences, guests will receive a made-to-order kimono created by Chiso, a 460-year-old shop that specializes in kyoyuzen dyeing.
Inspiration for this package comes from this year’s Tokyo Kimono Week, an annual festival held in Nihonbashi district, the birthplace of traditional Edo culture. Mandarin Oriental will have its own Kimono Week from 23 October – 15 November 2016. During this time, the hotel will host activities themed on the iconic Japanese garment, including a Kimono Cake, a special afternoon tea, an Instagram photo contest and an exhibition.
The Premium Kimono Stay accommodation package is priced at JPY3.8 million, and includes:
• A two-night luxurious stay in an Oriental Suite for two people
• A made-to-order kimono created by Chiso, a 460-year-old shop that specializes in kyoyuzen dyeing, and which comes with an authentic belt and accessories for one person
• Kimono consultation on first night. Dressing, styling, and photo shoot on second night
• Photo Album (to be delivered after departure)
• A facial treatment for one, with luxurious French skin-care brand, Biologique Recherche
• A manicure and pedicure treatment for one, by luxury hand and foot care specialist, Margaret Dabbs, London
• Daily breakfast at K’shiki or Oriental Lounge for two people
• One dinner at Sushi Sora for two people
• One dinner at Tapas Molecular Bar for two people
The Premium Kimono Stay accommodation package is valid from 23 October 2016 – 23 October 2017. Price excludes tax and service charges. Bookings may be made until 31 July 2017. For reservations and inquiries, please call: 0120-806-825 or email: [email protected]
An orange-flavoured chocolate Kimono Cake designed in the motif of a kimono pattern from Bhutan, the “country of happiness”, will be on sale at the Gourmet Shop by Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo. Priced at JPY800, excluding tax and service charge, the cake will be available from 23 October – 15 November 2016.
Kimono Afternoon Tea
Afternoon tea served with Kimono Cake will be available at the hotel’s Oriental Lounge from 1 – 15 November 2016. Price: weekdays/JPY 4,200; weekends and holidays/JPY 4,800 (excluding tax and service charge).
In collaboration with Imagine Oneworld, an association that strives for world peace and prosperity by promoting kimono culture, the hotel will display several one-of-a-kind kimonos in its 38th floor lobby from 23 October – 15 November 2016. Made for the Imagine Oneworld Kimono Project, which aims to create a kimono for each of the world’s 196 independent countries, a different kimono will be displayed each week during the three-week exhibition.
Kimono Photo Contest
In collaboration with Tokyo Kimono Week, a Kimono Photo Contest will be held on Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo’s official Instagram account (MO_TOKYO) between 23 October – 15 November 2016. Entrants can participate by taking a photo that fits one of three keywords: “kimono”, “wa (Japanese tradition)”, and “Nihonbashi”, and posting it with the hashtag #TOKYO_KIMONO.
The hotel will select the best Instagram photos and send special gifts to the winners. A prize lottery draw will be held simultaneously.
For inquiries about Kimono Week by Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo please call 03-3270-8800.