Japchae, sweet potato starch noodles stir fried with vegetables and meat, is one of Korea’s best-loved dishes. It is one of the popular dish in Korea and also one of our favourite dish at home.The noodles brings with the the chewy texture, sweet and slipery noodles that is packed with the colourful stir fried vegetables together with mushroom, sesame flavour and complete with the light and refreshing taste.
❤️ 200g of bacon stripes thinly cut or you can use slice pork too
❤️3 large dried shitake mushroom and soaked in warm water for 2 to 3 hours, cut into thin strips
❤️2 garlic cloves, minced
❤️ 2 tbsp of sugar
❤️ 3 tbsp of soya sauce
❤️ 2 tbsp of toasted sesame oil
❤️ 1 tbsp of toasted sesame seed
❤️ 1 large egg
❤️ ½ yellow capsicum and ½ red capsicum
❤️ 100 g of spinach washed and drain
❤️ 400g of sweet potato starch noodles
❤️ 1 medium carrot (thinly cut to matchstick)
❤️ pinch of salt
1. Crack the egg and thinly beat with pinch of salt . Pour the egg and swirl the pan, pan fried the egg
2. Once done, cut the egg into stripes.
3. In another dried skillet, tossed the sesame oil till fragrant at low fire
4. At the large pot, blench the spinach for around 30 minutes and then boiled the noodle.
5. The Spinach, drain them in cold water and squeeze them to remove additional water
6. Cook the noodles for around 7-10 minutes till the noodles is soft and chewy. Strain the noodles with the cold water .
7. Heat the skillet with high heat and use the sesame oil to cook the garlic, onions, carrot capsicum, mushrooms and pork/bacon stripes
8. Add in the noodles to the pan
9. Add in the soya sauce, sesame seed, sugar and pinch of salt in it
10. Stir fried till fragrant and add in the sesame seed.
11. Now is ready to serve