As one of the most awaited celebrations in Malaysia, the holy month of Ramadan is widely known as a time for fasting and self-reflection. But most importantly, it’s also a time of selflessness and an opportunity, not just for Muslims but all Malaysians, to support those who are going through difficulties – something that the past few years have shown Malaysians truly shine in.
Therefore, in conjunction with Ramadan and the upcoming Raya festivities, Grab Malaysia is inviting Malaysians to continue their acts of charity with ‘Jimat-Jimat, Ingat-Ingat’. Malaysians can turn their savings on Grab into good deeds by converting their GrabRewards into donations to various communities. In addition, Grab Malaysia will match the value of each and every GrabRewards donation made throughout Ramadan and Raya. Charities and organisations which users can support through the effort on GrabRewards include Islamic Relief Malaysia, PERTIWI, MERCY Malaysia and more.
Sharing the inspiration behind the effort, Hassan Alsagoff, Country Marketing Head of Grab Malaysia, says, “Whether it’s supporting a small, local business or helping an entire community to get back on their feet, Malaysians always go the extra mile to lend a helping hand. And being homegrown, we want to be right by their side every step of the way, making it even more seamless. With GrabRewards, we’re in a unique position to be able to offer Malaysians great savings and convenient opportunities to do good. By matching each donation, we not only hope to encourage this act of giving even more but show how every saving you receive on Grab is an opportunity to help others too.”
In addition to matching all GrabRewards donations made during this time, Grab is offering great deals and discounts across its services as well as rolling out other efforts to help with Malaysians’ festive needs:
● Grab Partners’ Limited Edition Baju Raya – Ensuring Grab’s community of driver and delivery-partners are also remembered (Ingat-Ingat), Grab is rewarding its top performing partners with an exclusive, limited edition batik shirt, designed by Firdaus Nordin.
● Exclusive Food Deals with GrabUnlimited – Now at a special introductory price of just 1 sen, enjoy additional savings on iftar and juadah Ramadan favourites with up to 50% off, only with GrabUnlimited. Grab will also be teaming up with several well-known foodies to highlight their top picks on GrabFood, from traditional staples to unique fusions.
*Grab pro-tip: You can still use your “GrabFood 50% off with Hot Deals + FreeDel vouchers” by scheduling your orders for 8pm!
● Glam Raya Bersama Grab – Malaysians looking to upgrade their Raya fashions can look forward to a special preview of some of the latest trends exclusively on Grab. Leveraging on the new GrabLive (BETA) feature, LILIT. and Zalora will be previewing their latest Raya collection on 16th April 2022, with exclusive GrabPay promotions.
● GrabMart Resepi Ramadan On-The-Way – For those on the lookout for new and creative ways to spice up their home-cooked Ramadan meals, Grab is teaming up with Chef Naem to feature easy-to-do recipes featuring malay cuisine staples with a twist. Some of the exciting recipes include Dumpling Ayam Masak Merah and Seafood Lontong Goreng Pedas, and users can get everything they need to recreate these dishes from GrabMart!
● Save on festive travels – Whether you’re planning to balik kampung or spending the holidays by vacationing, save on all your travel needs with Grab:
○ Grab Travel Pass: Enjoy fantastic deals on Grab rides, flights, hotels and attractions across the country, now at a special introductory price of only RM4.90.
○ Intercity: Recently introduced to provide further convenience and travel options for Malaysians, enjoy 10% off your bus and/or ferry tickets on Intercity.
● Get rewarded while sending gifts – Just like any other festive celebration in Malaysia, everyone is gearing up to shower their loved ones with gifts. To help make gifting this festive period even more rewarding, Grab is introducing two new challenges:
○ GrabGifts Challenge: Earn additional GrabRewards and vouchers just by sending gifts to loved ones near or far!
○ GrabExpress Super Sender Challenge: Save over RM150 every month and take on the challenge to win your share of prizes worth RM35,000!
“We want to continue being the platform that helps Malaysians with their needs, be it with affordable everyday necessities, convenient ways to prepare for celebrations or even by providing avenues for Malaysians to do good for the less fortunate. On behalf of Grab, Salam Ramadan and Selamat Berpuasa,” concluded Hassan.
For more information on the various promotions in conjunction with this year’s Ramadan and Raya festivities, please visit: JIMAT-JIMAT, INGAT-INGAT