The festive season is just around the corner and soon we’ll be feasting with family and friends! In typical Malaysian fashion, food is always the main attraction at any celebration and this Christmas holiday period is no different. Why spend all your time slaving over preparations? With the right tools, you’ll be out of the kitchen and back in the party in no time!
With Hot Blast, you’ll be blown away!
The Samsung Convection Microwave Oven can do it all!
In this fast-paced day and age, we expect all our smart devices to perform multiple tasks, so why should our microwave ovens be any different? The Samsung Convection Microwave Oven is a multi-faceted unit that boasts a myriad of functions—it can air fry, grill, bake, steam, and microwave.
This oven comes with a Crusty Plate, specially designed to heat up your food while preserving the crispy, crunchy elements of any dish. The structure of the plate is made to drain oil easily and if you’re looking for a healthy option, it can also be used without oil via the Air Fry or grill modes on the oven. This way, you can still enjoy a guilt-free meal as you chow down during the many meals the festive season is sure to bring.
This 35L all-in-one oven is a major powerhouse in the kitchen, thanks to its signature HotBlastTM technology, which is a brand-new way of cooking that reduces cooking time significantly. Powerful hot air is blown through multiple air-holes directly onto the food, so it’s evenly cooked with a crispy outside, and a juicy inside. This innovative technology combines both microwave and convection heat sources, resulting in significantly reduced cooking time.
Convenience is Key
Adding to the oven’s appeal is its durable ceramic enamel finish on the interior chamber which is scratch resistant and easy to clean. The smooth ceramic lends non-stick properties to the oven, meaning that splashes and spills will effortlessly slide off with a swift wipe—no elbow grease needed!
Preparing a delicious meal is made easy with the oven’s Auto Cook feature—all you have to do is assemble the ingredients and let the oven do the work. Simply choose from a range of pre-set cooking modes to prepare perfectly cooked dishes that are healthy, moist, and most importantly, full of flavour.
Try one of these recipes for yourself and see how this oven can transform your cooking experience this holiday season!
1. Stuffed Baked Potatoes (Serves 4)
4 large potatoes, scrubbed
4 knobs of butter
1 capsicum, finely diced
1 ½ cups grated cheese
1. Prick the potatoes with a fork.
2. Wrap in paper towels and microwave on high for about 10 minutes until soft.
3. Using a knife, cut a horizontal slit across each potato.
4. Scoop out some of the potato into a bowl. Using a fork, mash this with some butter.
5. Add capsicum and cheese with the potato mixture and mix until combined.
6. Scoop this mixture back into the potato shells.
7. Place the potatoes in a bowl and microwave for about 1½ minutes until the cheese melts.
2. Veggie Lasagne (Serves 4)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 carrot, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 large aubergine, sliced into circles
2 tbsp olive oil for cooking aubergine
600 gm pasta sauce
225 gm lasagne sheets (6–8 sheets)
600 ml bechamel sauce
1½ cups cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Pour oil into a bowl, add garlic and onions, and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
2. Add carrots and red bell peppers with ¼ cup water. Microwave on high for another 4-5 minutes until soft.
3. Add most of the pasta sauce and stir well. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Preheat the Crusty Plate that comes with your Samsung Convection Microwave Oven. Grill the aubergine slices with olive oil for 4 minutes, turning once.
5. Using the remaining pasta sauce, spread a small amount on the base of a flat microwave-proof dish.
6. Cover with a layer of aubergine, then a lasagne sheet, and bechamel sauce. Repeat the layers.
7. Finish with a layer of bechamel sauce and sprinkle cheese on top.
8. Microwave on convection mode for 15 minutes until lasagne is cooked. Leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
3. Chocolate Fudge (Serves 4)
1¼ cup soft brown sugar
½ cup milk
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp butter
400 gm condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Grease an 8″ square baking tin with some butter.
2. Add the soft brown sugar with ½ cup of milk in a bowl.
3. Microwave on 600W for 4 minutes or until the sugar is dissolved.
4. Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon. Microwave on high for exactly 2 minutes.
5. Add the condensed milk and stir well. Microwave at 600W for another 4-5 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and stir in the cocoa powder.
7. Add vanilla essence, then quickly mix with the wooden spoon until the mixture thickens.
8. Pour into the greased tin and smoothen the top with a spatula.
9. When completely cold, cut into squares.
During this Christmas season, enjoy some spectacular shopping deals with your festivities! Celebrate great savings with Samsung’s ‘Smarter Gifts for Celebrations’ year-end promotion, from now until 20th February 2022. Find out more at https://www.samsung.com/my/offer/smarter-gifts-2122/.
Leave a Reply