The festive season is a time for celebration, a time to share delectable meals, merriment, laughter and creating beautiful memories with loved ones. At One&Only Desaru Coast, the magic of the season is brought to life with exciting events for the whole family, from all-encompassing wellness packages and exclusive culinary experiences to beachside parties under a star-filled sky, One&Only invites you to give the gift of ultra-luxury travel.
The Season of Joy
Christmas celebrations at One&Only Desaru Coast begins with its annual tree-lighting ceremony—a whimsical night filled with delightful cocktails, sweet treats and twinkling lights. The days that follow are a whirlwind of fun-filled activities specially designed to invoke the spirit of the season: from culinary masterclasses and cocktail parties for adults to story-telling sessions with the Christmas Elf, ornament painting, flying kites on the beach and a special visit from Santa for young ones. Families who enjoy keeping active together can also sign up for basketball, soccer and sandcastle building competitions; and when the day draws to a close, they can all rest their tired bodies at cosy movie nights beneath the stars while snacking on tasty treats such as gourmet popcorn and candy floss.
• Tree Lighting Ceremony: 11 December 2021
• Shaken & Stirred Masterclass: 18 and 28 December 2021. Priced at RM80 per guest, reservations required.
• Family Basketball Tournament: 19 December 2021.
• Art of Sushi Making: 22 December. Priced at RM350 per guest, reservations required.
• OFYR BBQ Festive Feast: 23 December 2021. Priced at RM625 for adults excluding beverages.
• Christmas Eve Cocktails with General Manager, Jerome Colson with live carolling by Orkestra Darul Ta’zim: 24 December 2021.
• Very Merry Christmas Dinner (4-course menu): 25 December 2021. Priced at RM520 for adults excluding beverages. Complimentary for children aged 11 and below.
• Sandcastle Building Competition: 28 December 2021.
• Festive Bonfire: 30 December 2021.
NB: Please refer to the Festive Brochure for full programming details and schedule.
The Art of Collaboration
Any celebration is never complete without a feast, and One&Only Desaru Coast prides itself on being a culinary destination with each restaurant possessing its own distinct ethos, energy, design and flavour. As a very special treat this festive season, One&Only Desaru Coast is pleased to announce a collaboration with Chef Tyson Gee, Executive Chef at The RuMa Hotel and Residences. Born and raised in Canada, Chef Tyson’s passion lies in exploring new cuisines, with a commitment to sourcing locally-grown ingredients in cultivation of a menu filled with robust aromas, original pairings and innovative methods. Chef Tyson will begin his Four Hands journey at Hoshi as he works alongside Chef Aziz Abduraimov, marrying traditional Japanese sensibilities with modern culinary techniques using only the freshest, finest seasonal produce.
The second act of this exciting partnership sees Chef Tyson join forces with Chef Mickael Cornutrait, Chef de Cuisine at Ember Beach Club, for a barbeque bonanza serving freshly caught seafood and prime cuts of meat cooked over an open flame. Both Four Hands dinners are one-off events with limited seating available so early reservations are recommended.
• The Pinnacle of Omakase, Four Hands Dinner with Guest Chef Tyson Gee and Chef Aziz Abduraimov: 28 December 2021. Priced at RM1,320 excluding beverages.
• A Feast of Celebrations, Four Hands Dinner with Guest Chef Tyson Gee and Chef Mickael Cornutrait: 29 December 2021. Priced at RM700 excluding beverages.
Ringing in the New Year at One&Only Desaru Coast
The celebrations continue as the year draws to a close and preparations are made to usher in the new year. Pre-dinner cocktails hosted by Jerome Colson, General Manager of One&Only Desaru Coast, begin at 7pm at the open-air Dusky Monkey bar. Then, children are invited to their very own New Year’s Eve Party under the watchful eye of professional counsellors while the adults adjourn to a glamourous gala dinner. After dinner, the party continues poolside with a live band and DJ playing the hottest tunes. Guests will dance the night away with celebratory cocktails in hand as fireworks bloom in the midnight sky.
• New Year’s Eve Gala Dinner: 31 December 2021. RM1,200 for adults and RM238 for children (ages 4-11) excluding beverages.
• New Year’s Eve Kids Party: 31 December 2021.
• Welcoming 2022 – New Year’s Eve Countdown Party: 31 December 2021.
Beginning Anew, in 2022
The New Year’s Lazy Brunch at Ember Beach Club, helmed by Michelin-starred Chef Andrew Walsh, is the perfect start to a brand-new year. Guests unwind by the water’s edge as the resident DJ spins relaxing tunes, all while enjoying barbequed seafood and prime cuts of meat. Those who wish to be pampered can opt to retreat to the restorative calm of Chenot Spa—the winner of the ‘World’s Best
New Resort Spa’ at the World Spa Awards this year.
• Journey to Vitality at Chenot Spa: 19 December – 5 January 2021. Priced at RM695 for adults inclusive of a diagnostic and body massage treatment of choice.
• New Year’s Lazy Brunch: 1 January 2022. Priced at RM600 excluding beverages.
Giving In-Kind with One&Only Desaru Coast and Johor Women’s League
Beyond the celebratory mood and indulgences of the festive season, Christmas is a time for gratitude, generosity and giving back. This season, One&Only Desaru Coast and Johor Women’s League (JEWEL), have collaborated on a meaningful initiative to benefit children from underserved communities in the area. JEWEL is a non-governmental, non-profit society that advocates for upholding the rights of women and children in underprivileged communities. Guests who stay at the resort over the festive season will be able to aid communities in need by purchasing school bags from the ‘Tree of Hope’, with each gift filled with art and health supplies for local school children. Carollers from the Orkestra Darul Ta’zim—a youth orchestra that gives the gift of music to local children—will be providing musical entertainment on two separate occasions: first at the Tree Lighting Ceremony on December 11 and then again at Christmas Eve Cocktails on December 24.
A celebration of extraordinary surprise, delight and heart-warming cheer awaits this holiday season at One&Only Desaru Coast.
For more information, or to make a reservation, please call +607 878 3400 or email [email protected]