- 400g bread flour
- 350g mashed Japanese purple sweet potato
- 2 tsp instant active yeast
- 30g brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 40g whisked egg ( and then i left some for egg wash)
- 70g butter
- 200ml fresh milk
- A bit of white sesame to glaze on top of the bread
- Add in all the ingridients here you add in the salt, sugar, yeast, butter , egg, mashed potato and then fresh milk.
- Use the stand mixer with the hook, and knead around 15-20 minutes
- Form the dough and let it rest for an hour or the size is doubled . I greased the large bowl with a little olive oil and covered with the kitchen towel.
- Punch down the bread dough to release the air
- Divide thm equally and shaped them in balls. Put in the baking pan. U can make around 12-16 buns.
- Leave them rise for another 1 hour.
- Brush the buns with the egg wite and sprinkled some sesame on top
- Baked at 180 degrees for 35 minutes
- Remove buns to cool on rack completely.