Beko is always my choice in my home appliances. For those who are not aware, Beko is one of the European brands which is famed for great home appliance. And this time, Beko offers you a versetile choices of products from home appliances to kitchen appliance.
Being that, as modern working mum , I am always looking for meals which is simple to make and yet assured of my family health as well. We do emphasis in healthy eating where sometimes I prefer my food to be steam, bake, grill, braise or even boiled. But, preparing healthy good meals may need loads of time and patience but now with Beko I can easily get my cooking done easily and more convenient too.
With their wide series of products from their Beko Stainless Steel Chopper (CHG7402), Beko Vacuum Blender and many more. And recently, Beko conducted a healthy series of cooking workshop where one can easily have their meals cook at home with their awesome products. The two recipes that had been shared were the Blueberry Yoghurt Scones and Cottage Pie.
Blueberry Yogurt Scones
✔50 gm all-purpose flour
✔50 gm oatmeal flour
✔150 gm whole wheat flour
✔50 gm honey/maple syrup
✔5 gm baking powder
✔5 gm baking soda
✔1 tbsp vanilla extract
✔A pinch of salt
✔5 tbsp plain yogurt
✔2 tbsp coconut oil
✔80 gm blueberries (fresh/frozen)
✔Zest of an orange
✔A pinch of cinnamon powder
How to cook:
1) Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius
2) In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt
3) In a separate bowl, add yogurt, vanilla, coconut oil, maple syrup and egg whites. Mix until well combined. The pour into the bowl with dry ingredients and stir until just moist. Mixture should be crumbly.
4) Gently fold in blueberries
5) Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead. Form dough into a 6-inch circle into 6 wedges.
6) Brush the top of the circle with coconut oil and honey. The sprinkle some cinnamon powder on top.
7) Bake in to oven for 15-20 minutes or until the top is golden brown
✔1kg beef, minced
✔2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
✔10 gm leek
✔1 red onion diced
✔2 sticks celery diced
✔2 cloves garlic diced
✔1 tbsp tomato puree
✔6 sun-dried tomatoes chopped
✔500 ml beef or chicken stock
✔4 sprigs thyme
✔3 bay leaves
✔Salt and pepper to taste
How to cook:
1) In a non-stick pan, add beef and fry for about 5 minutes until brown. Set aside.
2) In another pan, add 1 tbsp of olive oil and add onion, carrot and celery. Cook on low to medium hear until soft for about 4 minutes
3) Add the leek and fry for 2 minutes
4) Return the beef to the pan and add garlic, tomato puree, sun-dried tomatoes and pepper. Fry for 3 more minutes.
5) Add the herbs and stock into the pan and allow to simmer on medium heat, uncovered for 25 minutes.
6) Then turn to low heat and simmer for further 20 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
7) Once cooked, remove the bay leaves and thyme stalks.
8) In a large pot over medium heat, boil potatoes, cauliflower and celeriac for 10-20 minutes, season with salt and pepper.
9) Drain the vegetables and blend in a food processor until smooth. Then, slowly add milk until desired consistency achieved.
10) Spread the beef and vegetables into a casserole dish and top with mash.
11) Level the mash with a spatula and brush some olive oil on top. Bake in a preheated oven at 190 degree Celsius or 25 minutes
For those who love to know more about Beko products, you can checkout their website at https://www.beko.com/my-en