Takes 7 minutes to do the burnt sugar
Preparation takes 10 minutes
Bakes 45 minutes in the Philips All-In-One Cooker
Makes 12 slices
• 1 ¼ cup (250gms) caster sugar
• 1 cup (240mls) hot water
• 1 cup (250mls) condensed milk
• ½ cup (125gms) butter
• 5 large (300gms) eggs
• 1 cup (125gms) flour, sifted
• 2 teaspoon (5gms) soda bicarbonate, sifted
Philips All-In-One Pressure Cooker Method
• Heat sugar on medium heat in a pan till it melts and colour turns to golden brown.
• Pour the hot water gradually into the caramelized sugar and allow the water to boil and stir till combined.
• Remove the caramelized sugar from the flame & allow to cool.
• Beat the butter and egg till light & frothy.
• Pour in the condensed milk and caramelized sugar and mix well.
• Add in the flour and soda bicarbonate and fold the mixture in.
• Open the lid of the Philips All-In-One Pressure Cooker and pour the batter into the greased inner pot.
• Close the lid back and turn the vent on the top of the lid towards ‘Bake’.
• Press ‘BAKE’ and then ‘START’.
• When the panel lights up at ‘Keep Warm’, the kek is ready.
• Turn it out onto a cooling rack before cutting the cake.