• 2 cans 410g Ayam Brand™ Pineapple Chunks, drained and finely blended
• 100g castor sugar
• 1 no. cinnamon stick
• 150g butter, cold and diced
• 75g icing sugar
• 1 no. egg yolk
• 30ml cold water
• 1 tsp vanilla essence
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 280g all-purpose flour
• 50g corn flour
• 1 no. egg, beaten with a pinch of salt for egg wash
1. Put blended pineapple, sugar and cinnamon stick in a pot. Cook by mixing continuously until dry. Set aside to cool.
2. Place dry ingredients in a bowl. Blend in butter until crumbly texture is achieved. Add in yolk, vanilla essence and form into smooth dough. If the dough is crumbly, add a little water until it sticks again. Cover with plastic and chill for 20 minutes.
3. Roll the dough between 2 plastic sheets to 1/4 inch thickness. Stamp out wanted shapes and transfer to trays lined with baking paper
4. Roll a teaspoon of cooked pineapple paste into a small ball and place it unto the stamped out dough.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 175 ºC for 15 minutes until golden. Cool on wire racks.