South East Asia’s community of architects, interior designers, developers, urban planners, engineers and other professionals involved in the vibrant building industry will be converging at ARCHIDEX at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, Malaysia this 20-23 July 2016.
This 17th installment ARCHIDEX is recognised as the region’s leading annual architecture, interior design and building industry trade event and is an event of Kuala Lumpur Architecture Festival 2016 (KLAF) by PAM (Malaysian Institute of Architects/Pertubuhan Akitek Malaysia).
ARCHIDEX is jointly organised by the Malaysian Institute of Architects (PAM) and C.I.S Network Sdn Bhd, a leading Malaysian trade and lifestyle exhibitions organiser. ARCHIDEX has been awarded the MyCEB/MACEOS – rAWr Award 2013 & 2015 for Best Trade Exhibition and also the 2015 AFECA Award for Outstanding Trade Exhibition Award 2015, ARCHIDEX continues to strive and it currently occupies a highly coveted position at the forefront of the region’s robust architecture, design and building industry.
The exhibition will be expecting the attendance of over 35,000 visitors and delegates from 70 countries, with at least 15,000 of the attendees consists of professionals from the building industry whom are coming to converge, connect and collaborate for four days of exhibition, conference and forums, meetings and networking, new products and launches, source for award winning products or eco and advance materials and many others.
“We see a continuous growth for the industry and expect an increase of transactions to over RM1billion from last year. ARCHIDEX will continue to see exhibitors local and international to feature and introduce latest products and technology or materials to the market here”, said Dato’ Vincent Lim, President of C.I.S Network Sdn Bhd.
“As Vision 2020 beckons on the horizon, it brings with it infinite possibilities and promises. Across a globally challenging economic landscape, architecture continues to surpass expectations. The demand for good design remains ever more,” said Ar Mohd Zulhemlee An, President of Pertubuhan Akitek Malaysia (PAM).
Strong Presence of Key Industry Players
ARCHIDEX occupies a highly coveted position at the forefront of the region’s robust architecture, design and building industry. Its successful brand name is also recognised as a popular gateway into the burgeoning South East Asian market and an ideal platform to launch innovative new collections.
ARCHIDEX 16 will be anticipating the showcase of more than 1,200 exhibition booths from over 500 Malaysian and international companies. A total of 17 nations will showcase the very best of the industry in the exhibition – Australia, Austria, Belgium, China, Germany, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, United States of America and Vietnam.
Noteworthy Highlights of ARCHIDEX 16
• The new feature of Focus Forum @ ARCHIDEX will be held today, 20 July 2016 at 2.00pm, to discuss the challenges and opportunities that would rise along the way in the ascension of the TPPA – all in the perspective of the construction and building industry.
• In conjunction with the Kuala Lumpur Architecture Festival 2016 (KLAF) also, there will also be a host of events organised by the Malaysian Institute of Architects (PAM) such as the:
• Datum Conference
• Design Forum
• Green Forum
• Architecture Exhibition
• Public Lecture
• Graphic Design Exhibition
• Architecture Tours
• Round Table
• This year’s ARCHIDEX will be seeing nominees by exhibitors competing for the New Product Awards and the Green Dot Awards that are highly coveted industry recognition. A total of 49 nominee submissions have been received and judging will take place today, with the presentation ceremony to winners tomorrow, 21 July 2016.
• ARCHIDEX 16 will be featuring ECO-B (Eco Building & Design Exhibition), which provides a highly effective platform to explore a growing interest in environmentally responsible buildings.
• Introducing The ARCHIDEX Awards Gallery located at the NEW Hall 6 highlights the brilliant masterpieces of innovation, technological development and cutting edge solutions of the industry today. The products showcased here are the nominees of the ARCHIDEX 2016 New Products Award (NPA) and Green Dot Award (GDA). A total of 48 products will be displaying the most current, finest and most innovative products from the industry.
• Venice awaits visitors too! This time around, visitors who visits Hall 6 and Hall 9 and completed the required steps could win themselves a return air ticket to Venice, Italy along with RM3,000 in cash for each lucky winner! 2 winners will be selected!
Don’t miss the region’s most important trade event in the architecture, interior design, and building industry calendar. The upcoming ARCHIDEX 16 will be held from 20 – 23 July 2016 at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, Malaysia. For more information and updates on the exhibition, log on to www.archidex.com.my.