T’ang Court at The Langham, Hong Kong has been awarded the coveted Three Michelin Stars in the Michelin Guide, Hong Kong and Macau 2019 for the fourth year in a row. It is one of only five Cantonese restaurants in the world to achieve this accolade.
Offering an exquisite selection of fine Cantonese culinary mastery over the years, T’ang Court has been a Michelin starred restaurant since 2009. Steering the achievement with numerous international culinary awards are Chinese Master Chef, Kwong Wai Keung since the restaurant opened in 1988, as well as T’ang Court Executive Chef, Wong Chi Fai who has been with the restaurant for nearly two decades.
“We are incredibly honoured to receive the accolade from the prestigious Michelin Guide. It is a tremendous motivation for us to continue delivering traditional and authentic fine Cantonese cuisine to our guests, while supporting Cantonese cuisine to shine on the world’s stage” said Chef Kwong.
Meticulously sourcing the best and freshest seasonal ingredients, T’ang Court’s signature specialties include the Stir-fried Fresh Lobster with Spring Onions, Red Onions and Shallots, Peking Duck as well as the Baked Stuffed Crab Shell with Crab Meat and Onion.
Managing Director Shaun Campbell of The Langham, Hong Kong said, “An impeccable accommodation experience would not be complete without a quintessential gastronomic journey. The three Michelin stars awarded today is a true testament to the culinary excellence commitment brought to life by Chef Kwong, Chef Wong and the entire T’ang Court team, which reinforces the genuine hospitality delivered to all discerning guests.”
On the service side, Danny Chan, the Director of T’ang Court Operation who joined the restaurant since it’s opening 30 years ago, is the gatekeeper who ensures consistent service excellence. His emphasis on training and education to the team plays a pivotal role to the continual success of the restaurant.
Awards & Accolades
– Three Michelin Stars, Michelin Guide, Hong Kong and Macau in 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016
– Two Michelin Stars, Michelin Guide, Hong Kong and Macau in 2015, 2014
– One Michelin Star, Michelin Guide, Hong Kong and Macau from 2009 to 2013
– 2 Glasses, China’s Wine List of The Year – Hong Kong 2018
– 100 Top Tables, South China Morning Post 2018
– Top 100 Restaurants, Elite Traveler 2017
– Recommended Rated Restaurants, Forbes Travel Guide in 2016
– Best Restaurants Hong Kong and Macau, Hong Kong Tatler 2016
– Best of the Best Culinary Awards in 2001 (Sautéed Prawns and Crab Roe with Golden Fried Pork and Crab Meat Puffs), in 2002 (Stir-fried Fresh Lobster with Spring Onions, Red Onions and Shallots) and in 2013 (Fish in Two Styles) by Hong Kong Tourism Board