With a continued vision to continuously be the forerunner in the hospitality industry, the award-winning New World Petaling Jaya Hotel has tapped on to the expertise of Shona Pang as Director of Sales & Marketing.
A seasoned hotelier with almost 15 years of industry knowledge in events, MICE and corporate sales, Shona will play an integral role in the development and implementation of strategic sales and marketing plans.
“Shona’s proven track record of implementing profitable sales plans and launching new properties make her a valuable addition to our robust and passionate team,” says general manager, Jai Kishan.
Prior to joining New World Petaling Jaya Hotel, Shona was most recently the pre-opening director of sales and marketing for Sheraton Petaling Jaya and has worked across various international hotel brands such as The Westin Kuala Lumpur and Mandarin Oriental Kuala Lumpur.
Opened in January 2018, the 300-guestroom New World Petaling Jaya Hotel is sleekly contemporary, with lofty, sunlight-filled spaces enhanced with charming Malaysian accents. Panoramic views of the city are on display from all its stylish guestrooms and suites, 30th floor swimming pool, adjacent to the largest rooftop bar and grill in Petaling Jaya. A convenient location near the city centre, and a bounty of options for world-renowned Malaysian cuisine within and outside the hotel, make New World Petaling Jaya Hotel an irresistible choice for those travelling on business or pure pleasure.
New World Petaling Jaya Hotel is the proud recipients of the following awards:
* TTG Travel Awards 2018: Best New City Hotel
* Travel Weekly Asia Readers’ Choice Awards 2018: Best Design Hotel Asia Pacific
* HAPA Service Excellence Hotel / Resort 2018 – 2020: Most Outstanding Hotel
* HAPA 5-Star Hotel / Resort 2018 – 2020: Benchmark Achiever
* Property Insight’s Prestigious Developer Award 2018: Best Corporate Hotel
* Malaysia Best Employer Brand Awards 2018: Best Employer Brand Award
* Malaysia Institute of HR Awards 2018 : Employer of Choice