Kuih kapit is one of the things that we love to make during Chinese New Year. And usually making the Traditional Kuih Kapit definitely will take loads of time and not an easy task to do. And therefore; this time I bought the Kuih Kapit maker ( Trio) which is the electric ones. And this time, we tried them with the below recipes.
✅500 g Coconut Milk
✅150 g Caster Sugar
✅1/8 Fine Salt
✅400g rice flour
1. Mix the egg and sugar together and whisk till mix is well dissolved.
2. Mix rice flour and salt together, add in the coconut milk and stir them well.
3. Slowly pour in flour mixture with the egg mixture, whisk till well combined.
4. When the mould is heat up, pour a ladlefull of batter onto the mould . Close the mould tightly and bake over charcoal fire. Trim the runoff from the batter with a butter knive.
5. When is golden, remove and immediately fold into a quarters. Press lightly with a tin cover to level the surface.
6. Cool and store in an air – tight container.