Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona is offering guests an opportunity to discover Catalonia’s cava region with its new luxury accommodation package. Guests will receive a bottle of Aire, a delicious cava produced especially for the hotel by leading Catalan winery, L’Origan, as part of the exclusive Cava Experience accommodation offer.
By booking the two-night Cava Experience package, guests will enjoy a private cava-tasting tour of the historic L’Origan cellars at Sant Sadurni d’Anoia, near Barcelona, followed by a visit to the vineyards, where they will be served a traditional meal in a local restaurant. On returning to the hotel in the evening, guests will savour a dinner tasting menu with wine pairing at the stunningly beautiful Blanc restaurant.
With a medium-to-high intensity aroma of fresh fruit, vegetables, flowers and citrus notes evocative of lime peel, Aire has a fresh, fruity palate with notes of apple, and a balanced acidity that gives it a good structure, bringing vitality and that sense of “air”. The perfect cava to pair with starters, fish and fried seafood, Aire complements octopus with onions, Mediterranean rice, baked vegetables and desserts of fresh citrus and other fruits.
The Cava Experience package is priced from EUR 2,624 for two people sharing, and includes:
· Two nights’ luxurious room or suite accommodation at the hotel
· Welcome treat and bottle of Aire cava made exclusively for Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona
· Daily buffet breakfast for two people at Blanc restaurant or in guests’ room
· Private tour of L’Origan cellars, including cava tasting and visit to the vineyards
· Lunch with wine pairing in a traditional local restaurant in the Penedès area
· Car with driver to take guests on round-trip to L’Origan, vineyard and restaurant
· A dinner tasting menu with wine pairing at the hotel’s Blanc restaurant
The package is valid from November 2017 to December 2018, subject to availability.
Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona is one of Spain’s leading gastronomic destinations. Headed by the hotel’s culinary advisor, seven Michelin-starred Chef Carme Ruscalleda, Blanc prepares simple, traditional Catalan dishes with local, fresh seasonal produce.
For reservations and information please visit www.mandarinoriental.com.