Hard Rock Cafe Kuala Lumpur is serving up a new menu that embraces the hottest ethnic street flavors. Beginning Monday, August 1, 2016, the Smoke, Fire & Spice limited-time menu will be available at participating Hard Rock Cafe franchise locations across the globe. The new menu draws inspiration from the spices, seasonings and sauces of popular street foods found around the world including Asia, Africa and Latin America.
“A big food trend this year is getting creative with robust, ethnic ingredients from places like Africa and East Asia, and Hard Rock’s Smoke, Fire & Spice menu presents an opportunity for guests to sample seasonings and spices they might not have a chance to otherwise,” said Darryl Mickler, Senior Director of Research and Development for Hard Rock International. “The grill is the perfect platform to showcase variety, from protein choice to flavor, and we believe the new items speak to consumers’ evolving palates and interest in experimenting with unique culinary profiles.”
As part of the Smoke, Fire & Spice menu, Hard Rock has developed a variety of specialty rubs, seasonings and sauces that guests will be able to pair with their choice of chicken, beef, shrimp or beef. Each protein will be served on a sizzling skillet accompanied by naan, a marinated salad mix, grilled vegetables, mixed cheeses and complementary dipping sauces.
Served steaming-hot and fajita style, the Smoke, Fire & Spice flavor options include :
• Gojuchang (Korea) – a savory and spicy mix made from slightly fermented vegetables, dried chili peppers and garlic, inspired by flavors of Korea
• Kalbi (Korea) – a mix of soy sauce, fresh garlic, ginger and sesame seeds, this spice packs a sweet heat inspired by flavors of Korea
• Harissa (Morocco) – a mix of dried chilies, coriander, ground caraway seeds and garlic that adds a bit of kick, inspired by flavors of Morocco
• Chimichurri (Latin America) – a tangy mix of parsley, cilantro, basil, garlic and black pepper, inspired by flavors of Latin America
• Piri Piri (South Africa) – a scorching mix of chili peppers inspired by flavors of South Africa
• Barbacoa (Mexico) – a savory mix of chipotle peppers, cilantro, red onion, cumin and lime juice, inspired by flavors of Mexico
Guests can stop by Hard Rock Cafe Kuala Lumpur to try out the latest Smoke, Fire & Spice menu items or visit www.hardrock.com/kualalumpur for more information.