Adding to an already inspiring number of accolades, T’ang Court at The Langham, Hong Kong has been awarded the much coveted Three Michelin Stars in the 2016 Michelin Guide, Hong Kong and Macau. T’ang Court is the only restaurant to move up to three stars this year and now one of three Cantonese restaurants in the world to achieve this accomplishment.
Mr. Bob van den Oord, Managing Director of The Langham, Hong Kong said “We are truly honoured with this award, as this win reinforces T’ang Court’s commitment to excellence. The team are dedicated in serving authentic Cantonese cuisine and providing outstanding service to diners at T’ang Court. I am very proud of our team’s efforts.”
“Receiving Three Michelin Stars is a true reflection of our commitment to serving quality Cantonese cuisine. Our mission is continuing the tradition of excellence and making every dining experience at T’ang Court memorable for our guests,” said Executive Chef – Chinese Cuisine Kwong Wai Keung of The Langham, Hong Kong.
A Michelin starred restaurant since 2009, T’ang Court serves a wide selection of authentic Cantonese culinary masterpieces and delicacies and has won numerous international culinary acclaim over the years. Under the culinary leadership of Chef Kwong, a few of his award-winning dishes include the Sauteed Prawns and Crab Roe with Golden Fried Pork and Crab Meat Puffs, as well as the Stir-fried Fresh Lobster with Spring Onions, Red Onions and Shallots.
The Director of Restaurants Danny Chan and his service staff also contributes to the success of the restaurant. Their sequence of service is rehearsed daily to ensure flawless execution is always delivered.
Awards & Accolades
– Three Michelin Stars, Michelin Guide, Hong Kong and Macau in 2016
– Two Michelin Stars, Michelin Guide, Hong Kong and Macau in 2014 – 2015
– One Michelin Star, Michelin Guide, Hong Kong and Macau from 2009 – 2013
– Top 10 Wine Pairing Restaurant Awards, Wine Luxe Hong Kong in 2015
– Best Hotel Restaurant, Dining City Summer Edition in 2015
– China’s Top Ten Restaurants, HOTELs magazine in 2008
– World’s Best Hotel Dining Rooms, US Gourmet Magazine in 2004
– Best of the Best Culinary Awards in 2001 (Sauteed Prawns and Crab Roe with Golden Fried Pork and Crab Meat Puffs), in 2002 (Stir-fried Fresh Lobster with Spring Onions, Red Onions and Shallots) and in 2013 (Fish in Two Styles) by Hong Kong Tourism Board